Usli made with moong dhal and french green beans.. simple, quick and easy to make.
- Moong dhal - 1/4 cup
- French Green beans - 2 cups
- Green chilly - 2
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard - 1/4 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Grated Coconut - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Soak Moong dhal in water for 30 mins.
- Cut beans into 1 inch long pieces.
- Heat pan, add oil, mustard, cumin seeds, hing, turmeric powder
- Add green chilly and soaked moong dhal and fry for few mins
- Add beans and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle water, close with lid and cook in low flame for 5 mins.
- Stir, sprinkle water if needed and cook for 10 more mins.
- Add grated coconut and switch off.
- Serve with rice or paratha.